Welcome to Tri-County Jr./Sr. High School
As our students and staff begin the last quarter of the school year, I have started to reflect back on the many student accomplishments that have taken place in our building since August 6th. These accomplishments didn’t come easy again this year, because of the frustration students faced with missed days due to COVID issues and poor weather conditions. It is a credit to both students and staff for their resiliency in battling through these difficult times to make the best of what has been another difficult year. Some of the accomplishments include:
- Four finalists for the Lilly Scholarship
- Three wrestling regional qualifiers
- Numerous BPA state qualifiers
- Junior high robotics team state qualifiers
- All Midwest Conference members in various sports
- Qualifying FFA members for national competitions
- A new group of students inducted into NHS
- Numerous students were accepted into universities and trade schools
- 67% pass rate of sophomores on ASVAB exam (1st attempt)
- High SAT and ACT scores from our senior class
- 8th-grade girls White County tourney champs
- Three Prairie Arts award winners
It goes without mentioning that these accomplishments wouldn’t be possible without the dedication and commitment from our entire staff in working with our students. The number of hours that staff members dedicate to our students is really amazing and quite commendable. If you see a staff member out in public, please take time to thank them for their desire to make a difference each day in our students’ educational experience. We are fortunate to have such a dedicated group of individuals.
Along with recognizing these many accomplishments, the administration and staff also have begun planning our graduation celebration for the Class of 2022. Our plan again this year is to have graduation in the main gymnasium with no limit on the number of visitors in attendance. This group of seniors continues to remain focused on reaching their goal of graduation and look forward to the many activities that we have planned for them during the balance of the school year. I hope to see everyone at graduation on June 5th to honor this senior class.
In closing, I just want to once again thank our entire community for the support that everyone has given our school. I am always amazed, but not surprised, by the compassion and generosity that is shown throughout the year by our stakeholders. Whether it be through community support for our many extracurricular activities, individuals involved in our mentoring program, or the continued financial assistance of the backpack program, the compassion shown is much appreciated.
Thank you for caring about our students at Tri-County!