Welcome to Tri-County Jr./Sr. High School
Fall is in the Air
It is hard to imagine that our fall break is just a few weeks away. It seems like yesterday that we were handing out devices and assigning new locker combinations for our 7th grade students. All of our students have been working really hard in the classrooms and have been challenged in several content areas. I feel that this is what makes learning so enjoyable to observe, especially when we have a staff that is so dedicated to student learning. Our students are fortunate to have individuals in their lives that care about them and their futures.
The beginning of the school year usually means the introduction of new staff members. The 2022/23 school is no different with several new faces in the building this year that bring an array of experiences to our classrooms. These experiences will benefit our students both in and out of the classroom. Each person brings different skill sets to student learning, so I look forward to watching each person grow with our students. The new teachers include:
- Kylei Hickner - Mrs. Hickner comes to us from Northwestern High School. She is a graduate of Purdue University and brings a high energy level to the classroom. She will be working hard to provide students opportunities in FFA.
- Christina Yeoman will be teaching in our science department. She will have students in chemistry I & II along with our ICP course. Mrs. Yeoman is returning to public education after years of working at Purdue University as a lab technician.
- Maria Galan comes to us from Madrid Spain and will be teaching Spanish to our students. Ms. Galan has experience in teaching a foreign language in her native country, so the opportunity to learn a new language from a native language speaker will be exciting to observe.
- Jake West will be teaching in the social studies department. Mr. West will oversee our students taking Honors U.S. History through Trine University along with teaching regular U.S. History. Outside the classroom, Jake will be our head football coach. I look forward to him leading our students.
- Monica Dyke will be involved with our EL students. She will be instructing students in ELA and math support. I am looking forward to watching Mrs. Dyke build relationships with our EL and help give them the support needed to be successful in our classrooms.
- Jill Bahler comes to us from TCI where she taught math and science for sixth grade. Mrs. Bahler has a passion for mathematics and will be teaching both algebra I & II to our students.
- Francis Pinn comes to us from South Newton where he taught junior high math. Mr. Pinn has a business degree from Ball State and is already very involved in our BPA program.
If you get a chance, please welcome these new staff members to our corporation and thank them for coming to our building to help impact our students. We are very fortunate to bring such a strong group of individuals into our building.
Outside the classroom, many of our students continue to be involved in an extracurricular activity during the fall. The sports seasons along with the marching band and FFA competitions are in full swing. If you get a chance, please come out to an event to watch our students compete and represent our school.
Lastly, as we approach the end of the first quarter of the year, I want to thank our entire community for the continued support shown towards our students and staff. It is so gratifying to work for a corporation that has such community involvement. I am looking forward to seeing community members out to our building.
Jr/Sr High School Principal