Welcome to Tri-County Jr./Sr. High School
Dear Tri-County Jr./Sr. High School Community,
The beginning of the school year has been challenging for both students and staff. As excited as everyone was to returning to a somewhat regular school routine, there have been many anxious moments as we adjust to this new normal of education. This letter is intended to welcome students back and explain some of the differences in our building compared to the beginning of past school years. Although things look different, we can all agree that our students need education and our staff will work hard to make sure that everyone is given instruction and feels safe in the return to our building.
There are several practices that have been put in place since the beginning of the school year to promote student safety and social distancing. Some of these practices include:
- Enforcing the mandated mask policy in both the hallways and classrooms.
- A greater focus on washing hands before and after lunch.
- Divided hallways and stairwells so that students are moving in the same direction to avoid facing each other.
- Sanitizer dispensers throughout the building to be used in between hand washings.
- A reduced number of students at each lunch table to promote social distancing.
- Also, assigned seats during lunch in case contact tracing is necessary.
- Designated spots located six feet apart for students while going through the lunch line.
As parents/guardians, I encourage you to talk to your student each night to see how they are adjusting to our school environment. They may have questions or concerns about some of our policies that are constantly evolving. Feel free to reach out to myself or one of our counselors if you think your student could use some extra support throughout the day. As a staff we have talked about the importance of being here for each other during this difficult time. Know that this applies to your student as well. As administration continues to make daily adjustments to improve student and staff safety, our teachers will also be working hard to engage and reach all levels of learners. Our entire staff appreciates our community’s support during this time and look forward to working together for the benefit of our students. Thanks for continuing to be part of your student’s education experience!
J.R. Haskins, Principal
Tri-County Jr/Sr High School